Wednesday 1 June 2016

Parenting Post Babys Food Brands Reviews

Hello my lovely's life seams to be getting in the way of my blogging again! I am trying to not let it but there is so much going on at home, with diy, family visiting, play dates, its hard to find time to write a post. 

Today's post is going to be a bit different it's a parenting post on weaning food. I thought I would share with you some of mine and Emily's opinions on some baby/children's food. 

A little back ground on her food. We didn't do traditional weaning we did mainly finger foods, she has never had a puréed meal just fruit as I wouldn't want all my food mushed together so won't give her it. Thought of it makes my tummy churn. Apparently can't call it baby led weaning as I spoon fed her yoghurt and some puddings, so it is traditional with finger foods, even though I wouldn't call spaghetti bolognese finger food. We have given her food that has recommended age's older than her as we haven't had any foods off limits except honey and nuts, but obviously that is just how we feed please use your own judgement of whether you child can have these foods. I found the smaller size of some of these items fantastic for Emily's pincer skills and even my health visitor commented on how advanced she was and I put it down to her feeding. *please don't hold me responsible for your child's feeding as there are recommended ages on all the items listed. 














Lets start with Kiddylicious, this brand for us, is fantastic. This was the first brand I tried with Emily. When she was about 6 and a half months I was out shopping and she was getting fidgety and I needed something so grabbed her some of the wafers. she loved them so we have explored more of the brand and we are loving nearly everything so far. She really has her favourite items these days and since she knows where we keep her treats she goes to the cupboards looking for them. The Strawberry Smootie Melts are her obsession! as you can see from these pictures I cant keep her away from them! She was fast asleep so I thought I would take some pictures but she woke up as I was setting up, ran over and helped herself so I lost my nice flatlay picture I was going for but I am happy to settle with these.







As you can see they are too tempting to leave alone!

Wafers

 One of the first foods Emily ever had was the blueberry wafers. They are so handy to just have in the changing bag for when things start to kick off. I used to give her them bit by bit to make them last longer as she would eat them so quick. They say no mess but Emily sure can make a mess with these! She gets really sticky fingers from them and then ends up touching everything but it comes off easy enough.


Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Melts

Kiddylicious Strawberry and banana Smoothie Melts

We soon started to give her the kiddylicious strawberry and banana melts and I have to admit when Aldi had them in the baby event I bought more than my fair share as we go through them quite quickly. If I'm honest when she has a pack I often have one too! They are so delicious. They are made from strawberry's and bananas and well that's it! They are 100% fruit so are 1 of child's 5 a day. I recently found out that they have other flavours too and have been excited to try them.

So the other flavours in the Smoothie Melts range are 

Banana, Mango & Passion Fruit Smoothie Melts 


These are amazing! We have only had 3 bags of these but Emily and I love them. Again they are 100% fruit and are 1 of child's 5 a day.


Blackcurrant and Apple Smoothie Melts 


These are nice but Emily doesn't get as excited for them as she does the other two flavours. Also the bright purple colour worries me slightly with all her light coloured clothes as when wet they do Mark. I have been able to get all marks out of clothes so far tho. Again these too are 100% fruit and are 1 of child's 5 a day.

Strawberry Flavoured Fruit Wriggles and the Apple Flavoured Fruit Wriggles

Kiddylicious Strawberry fruit wrigglesKiddylicious Apple fruit wriggles


Both of these went down well with strawberry being the favourite. These are bright coloured jelly worms that get the little fingers working and are fantastic for helping build hand-eye coordination. These have slightly more ingredients in them but still on the healthy side and count and 1 of 5 a day


Raspberry Crispies Tiddlers (I love this name and the picture of the fish on the front).

Kiddylicious Rasberry Crispie Tiddlers

Emily didn't know what to make of these, I'm not sure if it was the texture or the strong flavour but I really enjoyed them lol they also count towards 1 of 5 day.

The Gingerbread Buddy's

Kiddylicious gingerbread buddies


These are so cute! They are really small gingerbread men. These were Emily's first taste of gingerbread and she is now obsessed with the flavour!


Crunchy Grapes

Kiddylicious crunchy grapes


We tried the Crunchy Grapes but they weren't a hit. I think they were too crumbled and there was a lot of waste/mess. These are made from just fruit so also 1 of 5 a day



Over all I would give the Kiddylicious brand a 9.9/10 
It's just those darn grapes that brought the score down. I love how most items are 1 of their 5 a day. They are perfect portion size and so tasty but also healthy for the children. 
We are working our way through all of  the Kiddylicious range and will do further reviews as we try things.  For more information on the products mentioned and to find stockists check out there website Kiddylicious

* just to clarify this post is NOT sponsored in any way * 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...