Sunday 19 February 2023

40 before 40!

Hello my lovely's,

A fair few years ago I posted a 30 before 30 and I didn't do very well completing it. Considering I'm 35 this year I thought I would take a look back and I have decided I am going to repurpose it and make it a 40 before 40. 

As I do them I will cross them off and if I remember I will date them. 


1) Have another baby.  I have 2 more babies than I did when I wrote this 
2) Travel more around the UK - at least 3 new towns or cities. We have done a fair few trips around North Wales, and been down to Southampton. 
3) Do more 'free' days out   We go walking a lot these days exploring our local area.
4) Go camping - I've never been camping and I'm worried about spiders and bugs so I'll be happy with 1 night! So we have stayed in a Caravan a few times now and one week we slept in the awning so I would count that as camping 🤣
5) Give my blog makeover Another one you could argue but I have changed it a fair bit. It's not the makeover I wanted to do but it's better than it was.
6) Post on my blog more frequently 
7) Make more meals from cookbooks
8) Read a book
9) Travel to a country I haven't been to before   2017 we went to Italy! only for 3 days, it was hell but that's a story for another time.
10) Go to London - I have been before but I want to go again We went for 10 year anniversary and we have been with the 3 children! it was hard work with 3 children and a pram when we're used to our little town but definitely going to be doing it again! 
11) Get my kitchen done! It needs a lot of work top to bottom a wall knocking out, re-plastered, and all new worktop and cupboards doors onto the decking. 2017 3-month-old, toddler, and no kitchen for a month!
12) Go back home, to Disney World in Florida 
13) Try a dole whip! I have been to Florida 7 times but have yet to have one! 
14) Stay at a Disney hotel haven't done this since 2004
15) Stop and get the characters' autographs
16) Explore the Disney resorts 
17) Go on a bike ride I haven't been on a bike since I was around 13
18) Go to the pantomime 2020 took Emily to see Rapunzel for her birthday
19) Do something for charity - in 2012 I had 13 inches cut off my hair raising over £1400 for little princess trust charity and I would like to do something again 
20) Spend a day at the beach - I live a 10 min walk from the beach but hardly go there. Turns out that having kids makes you spend way more time at the beach! 
21) Climb a mountain 
22) Go to a Christmas Eve carol service at church 2019
23) Give blood
24) Go to a concert/gig 
25) Dye my hair a bright or different colour ( I have only ever been blonde (I did have some light pink under my fringe for a while) till October when I died my hair a brown so I would love to do something different)  * I went purple end of Feb 2016
26) Take a class to learn a new skill
27) Get a good camera and learn how to use it  - so this is also a bit of a cop-out but I am way more aware of money and the cost of living is ridiculous these days. I have an iPhone 14 pro and I am learning ways to improve my photography skills and take better pictures on there 
28) Spend a night away from Emily - Spent many nights away from her now. She's 8 this week and has had many sleepovers at grandparent's houses and even been on a overnight school trip.
29) Grow plants and flowers in my garden 
30) Do a 'come dine with me' meal with friends
31) Get a second car
32) Make 15k a year on my Instagram 
33) Post every day for a month on Instagram 
34) Post at least once a month on here!
35) Teach all 3 children to swim confidently   - Amy learned to swim and did a few widths before her fourth birthday 
36) Renovate the family bathroom! (we did our ensuite in 2019) 
37) Get the children to school on time every day for a year 😆
38) Get a paid collaboration of £1.5k 
39) Feel confident in myself 
40) Feel healthy and happy consistently 

What would you have on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...