Tuesday 19 January 2016

Long Time No Post

Hello my lovely's I am sorry I have been away for soooo long! I have a good excuse tho so grab a drink and possibly a snack (this is going to be a long one with not a lot of pictures) and have a read of what's been going on. This is a very personal post so I haven't had anyone read over it and check for spelling and grammar mistakes so please forgive me. It may also have a bit of rambling in it but I will try and keep on track. So nearly a year ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl!This is Emily Faith she was born on 23/02/15 weighing 6lbs 11oz






This little lady was a dream come true, we had tried for 5 years, ended up getting referred for infertility, going through lots of tests, then finally getting the help we needed. I had a hell of a pregnancy, when your struggling to get pregnant you often say 'I don't care if I'm sick everyday of pregnancy'. Well I was sick every day from 6weeks till the day she arrived bar 6 days! And I don't mean felt sick I was actually sick. The first 2 days I wasn't sick I was convinced I was going to lose her.

If your easily grossed out don't read this paragraph

It wasn't just morning sickness it was everything in ate or drank for most of the pregnancy. I would wake up, quickly grab a drink throw that up, (sick/drink would still be cold) Clean teeth, throw up while cleaning teeth so start again, Have a biscuit (this often stayed down), Lunch tomato soup and a peppermint tea, came up more often than not. Tea, unless it was Chinese that was nearly certain to come up. When I was sick it was so soon after going down it often was same temperature and texture! 

Because of the sickness I didn't get much of a bump for quite a while. I lost 2st 11lbs during pregnancy. Unfortunately have gained some back but when you go from throwing up to keeping food down your bound to gain something. 

34 weeks pregnancy bump


This was taken at 34 weeks 3 weeks before she arrived. 

I took my first pregnancy test at 3am and saw the faintest of faint lines. I woke my hubby up to tell him and he said I was crazy he couldn't see anything so don't get my hopes up. I took another at 7am and 11am and the next day 7am and 4pm. I was sure I was seeing lines but hubby said he still wasn't sure so did buy a test from boots. I took a little pot of wee with me and used it to test in the car as soon as I got a first response test and you could really see a line on that one. Hubby said well I guess it's true, we are having a baby! I didn't believe I was or could be pregnant at first then was convinced it would be a chemical pregnancy I took at least 2 tests a day for over 15 days! As we had been trying for so long I bought tests in bags of 20 so had pleanty to use. I didn't think we could be that lucky to get pregnant first round of clomid. We booked an early scan for 7 weeks to make sure it was really happening and it wasn't in our minds. 

At 8 weeks we went to Florida and I couldn't go on nearly anything! It was hard work not going on my fav rides I even cried outside tower of terror as its my fav EVER but I know I couldn't risk going on it. I still had an amazing holiday. Although I think I probably should of took a trip to the hospital as I wasn't keeping anything down except tiny sips of sprite. Before we went I started anti sickness tablets as well. 

When we got home I had lost 11lbs! Most of the holiday was spent throwing up. It seamed Emily had made it my mission to see as many toilets in the Disney and universal parks as possible. 

When we got home I only had 2 weeks till 12 week scan. I had issues filling my bladder enough for the scan and ended up being there for 3 hours. All was good though and my dates matched up. My due date was March 3rd which was the date hubby and I started dating.

Things were going well in pregnancy I still had terrible sickness and nothing seamed to make it stop. I had some back ache and dizzy spells but it wasn't too bad.

On 18th September I was sure I had felt something but wasn't sure if it was or wasn't. I felt it again twice that week but put it down to me going crazy. 

My 20week scan couldn't come fast enough to find out pink or blue. I didn't hide my feelings of longing for a girl. On the day of my scan Emily was acting shy and covering herself up. She was even doing back flips over and over again. The lady doing the scan was getting annoyed she couldn't do the tests she needed. She was actually quite rude when she finished the scan she said that's it all done, you can go now, we asked do you know what we are having. She turned and said you didn't tell me you wanted to know but I will look although it's not like she wants to show you. She spent all of 2 mins trying to get her to move then said your staying yellow. Before we got back to the car I had already phoned the private scanning place that did early scan to book in for 2 days later.

When we turned up for the scan the lady at the scan was running behind as someone had lost their baby, we were in the waiting room and could hear her crying. It was so heartbreaking. We were asked to go to the pub across the road while they sorted the poor lady out and let her leave in peace. I was sobbing to hubby I felt so bad for her, I may have had a hard time getting pregnant but I am lucky I haven't experienced loss. When we went it our turn to go into the scan it was fantastic! The lady was so nice she said she would find out what we were having even if she had to hang me upside down from the ceiling! I explained that I struggled to keep water down and she was fine about it. (By this point I was on my third type of anti sickness tablets and still throwing up numerous times a day). Emily was feeling very confident this day and soon as the ultrasound machine was placed on me she opened her legs and then proceeded to do some pretty poses and throw some funky shapes too. The lady couldn't believe I wasn't feeling all her movments she said we will have our hands full with her.

On Halloween we went out for my sisters 21st meal when we got back she wanted to watch nightmare before Christmas and emily started kicking like crazy to all the songs! The next morning I played the songs and she did it again so for my sisters 21st Emily let her feel her first proper kicks. Up until then only I and Charlie had felt them. That was the start of other people getting to feel her kick. It's such a fantastic feeling. 

Emily gave us a few scares I had to go in for reduced movement 3 times each time she would give a low movement trace then go crazy for a while. I had a couple of extra scans too. They kept telling me to be prepared for a large baby as I was measuring 3weeks ahead! (How wrong they were). 

In November we found a house we liked that was big enough for our liking. Unfortunately it took till Thursday 12th February BUT we couldn't get in till Saturday 14th feb. It was half term week so hubby (a teacher) had the week to decorate. We spent from 9am till midnight doing thing in the house. We had Pizza Hut for our valentines meal on a papering table while I sat on my birth ball. We were so lucky both families offered to help that week. Hubby spent 90 hours that week decorating and on the Saturday said I hope she comes Sunday or Monday so I can have more time off its tired me out. 

Well she is obviously daddies girl as I started contractions on the Sunday morning. Just over 2 weeks early. I started with contractions ever 3-5mins from 4am at 7 I rang the hospital and they said wait till they were more painful and every 3 mins. We were meant to be going shopping but I wasn't sure if driving 50 mins in opposite direction to my hospital was a good idea so we stayed close and just popped to some local shops. After 3 hours of wandering around they were getting worse but more irregular 3-8mins apart. By 8pm I had 20mins of none! I was worried so went for a drive down some bumpy roads. They came back but still irregular. By 2am the pain was so bad I had to phone the hospital. They told me to come in but it was probably braxton hicks. I got checked over and that's when found something was wrong. She was face presenting which basically means she was looking where she was going instead of being all tucked up. It wasn't good. My contractions were really strong but Emily wasn't moving lower as she wouldn't fit in that position so I was to have a c-section. It wasn't what I wanted and really upset me. For months and months I struggled with having a section it wasn't the peaceful water birth I dreamt of. It WAS an EMERGENCY and it was the only way I was going to meet my little lady. I may go into detail on what happened from getting to hospital to getting her out another time but for now it still haunts me and I can't say I am ok with her birth. But I am so grateful she is here.

She is nearly 11 months now and is doing so much it's crazy to think this time last year she was in my belly! 
So this is my little lady today enjoying her first apple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...