Friday 22 April 2016

20 Quick Make Up Tips From A Make Up Artist

make up artist tips
*backing picture from Google text added in canva 
After #bblogger chat on Sunday I thought I would do this post as I noticed a lot of people asking questions about things I thought were kind of common knowledge. I trained in beauty and make up 8 years ago (god I feed old!) and have picked up some tips along the way. So here are 20 little titbits, enjoy! 



1) First off something a lot of people don't know but should is to double cleanse your face when washing, the first one removes surface dirt and make up second helps clean deep down into the pores 
2) You should tone your skin to close the pores. Toner for dry skin helps lock in moisture whereas toner for oil/greasy skin helps regulate oil production
3) Everyone should moisturise no matter what skin type you are
4) Wait 20 mins or as long as you can before applying make up! The moisturiser will absorb into the skin and the foundation on top can absorb  too if you don't leave it long enough.
5) If you haven't got time use a tinted moisturiser
6) Apply a primer for each area eye, face, lips 
7) Mac 'paint pots' make fab eye primers they give the eye shadow something to hold on to and are available in a range of shades that can be used alone or to intensify a eye shadow. I use painterly in my pro kit as its great to go under any colours
8) Apply eye shadow before foundation to avoid fall out getting stuck on your cheeks
9) All ways blend eye shadows even if your just using one colour, blend out the crease and outer edge 
10) Just because a foundation says its for your skin type doesn't mean it will suit you, *bonus tip* ask at counters for a sample pot to try for a few days before you splash the cash!
11) If you struggle to blend your foundation it may be the wrong shade for you
12) Your foundation should match the colour of your neck and not your face
13) Try applying liquid foundation with your fingers, the heat from your hands will warm up the foundation and help it spread and you may find your fingers will be easier to blend with than a brush 
14) Set your foundation! Use a translucent powder to set your foundation to help it last longer and stop other face powders smearing on
15) You shouldn't use a foundation to give you a tanned face, use bronzer to darken the areas the sun would naturally tan, forehead, cheek bones, nose and chin
16) You don't need to contour every day. If you don't feel like it leave it
17) When curling your eye lashes do it before you apply mascara! (I have had to do eye lash extensions on far to many people who have broke there lashes curling after mascara has dried! I press and hold for 10 seconds then move slightly, press and hold for 5 seconds then pulse curl two more times 
18) Apply mascara to one eye then the other, repeat then apply to lower lashes (if your interested what mascaras I use check out my lates review of them here
19) If using lip stick apply a lip liner to help stop it bleeding, this is not a good look!
20) Try setting your make up with a setting spray. I use urban decay on clients as the last thing before I leave them for a dewy look finish with Mac fix+ to make your powders less matte

**Again make sure you remove your make up every night with a cleanser and cleanse twice! Wipes are comedogenic, simply put this means they can cause blackheads and acne! 

If your interested in what make up I wear on a daily basis check out this post where I add up the cost of my day time make up. I was shocked! I would love to see how much yours is too. 


Hope these tips help and if anyone has any questions or would like more tips let me know in the comments!

Do you have any tips? 

2 comments:

  1. Great tips Sophie! I'll have to try some of them out... I never even thought of doing eye shadow before foundation.

    Hollie | hollieshighlights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you prep your eye area first it means you don't need to worry about eye shadow fallout :) glad you enjoyed the post xXx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...