Thursday 28 April 2016

Is It As Good As It Claims? Could This Be The Cure?


Hello my lovely's this is my second time writing this post. I had it all finished and my monster lovely little girl deleted it! I am so gutted as it was all ready to post too! 
So here we go, again!

I'm going to do a post on something most people seem to neglect, avoid looking at and will often ignore as much as they can. People find them gross, ugly, disgusting and some people even have a phobia of them. 
I'm talking about your feet! 


We squish them and squash them into shoes that are too high, too narrow, too pointed.  We bang and stub them. We really don't care for the things that carry us around all day every day!
A lot of people are surprised to learn that pedicures are one of my favourite treatments to do. People come in with feet looking a little, well let's just say in desperate need of some tlc. I can get them walking out with lovely looking toes. I cut back at the over grown claws, file and smooth the shorter more refined nails, paint them a gorgeous shade of the polish, BUT, the heels! Oh the heels! I rub and I scrub, I file and exfoliate, they improve but I cannot get them looking as soft and supple as desired. Now this isn't my skills that are in question its the stubbornness of the dry, cracked heels. 

How do they get like this?
There are a lot of reason that can cause this, 
Cold weather
Hot weather
Dehydration (regularly not drinking enough water)
Air conditioning 
Central heating
Taking very hot baths or showers
Soaking in a hot bath too long or too often
Not moisturizing your feet 
Scrubbing feet dry
Diabetes 

So many things can cause cracks, question is how do we stop or at least help them? 
Look after yourself and your feet by drinking plenty of water. Using warm (not hot) water use a foot file regularly but not too often and moisturise your feet.

Now you might think, well Sophie knows a lots about this her heels must be good, well your wrong. My heels are terrible! I do try to look after them but I have a love hate relationship with them. If you have been reading my blog for a while (or even just had a nosey round) you may have seen me talk about the problems I have with them, if not check it out here. I use my foot file often, I don't have my baths too hot, I don't soak them too long, I do drink plenty and I do try to moisturise them. I tend to use Epaderm which is prescribed by doctors for dry skin conditions (mine tub was for Emily's eczema) and Soap and Glory's Heel Genius. I would totally recommend heel genius if they aren't too bad but when they are really bad I have found it isn't cutting it. 
Soap and Glory Heel Genius cream
Heel Genius Foot Cream

I was shopping with my mum and I saw Scholl cracked heel repair cream. It claims visible results in 3 days and works in 7 days. So I'm putting it to the test and going to do a case study seeing how it works after 3days, 7days, 10days and 14 days. 
I will apply the cream morning and night and take a picture after the 3rd day, on the 7th day, 10th day and 14th day, I will then do a review of how well it worked. 


Scholl Cracked Heel Repair Cream

Scholl cracked heel repair cream information
Info on back of packaging 
Here is a photo of my heels on Friday night (actually around 1am Saturday). They are terrible!
My right foot
My left foot 



Do you look after your feet?
Do you suffer from cracked heels? 
Do you know anything that works for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...