Thursday 14 April 2016

Current Mascaras

Hello my lovely's, hope everyone has had a good Easter holidays and if you don't have Easter holidays I hope you are just enjoying chocolate and life. 
I thought I would do a little review on my current mascaras. I don't like to use the same mascara every day and like to try new ones out for my work make up artist kit.

The 3 I am going to talk about are




excuse the crazy hair!

*Before using any of the mascara I did the rest of my make up and curled my lashes in the same way so it was a even test. I didn't use any creams. They were all put through there paces, as I have watery eyes so they had a lot of wiping to deal with! To remove I use Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and cotton wool.


Benefit say:
Sexy, dramatic, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. Famously big brush coats lashes with our thick black formula.
Benefit Badgal lash mascara review


What Sophie says:
I love this mascara! I love how thick and fluffy the brush is, I love how light it feels on my lashes and how quick it dries. I use 2 coats of mascara. It doesn't give very thick looking lashes but it does make my lashes look longer and eyes look more awake. I have had this mascara for a while and it is drying up but I remember when I first got it, it was much thicker but I still absolutely love this mascara. It lasted well all day and after 12 hours it only had a little bit of smudging under my eyes. This mascara was easy to remove but did require a bit of a rub. 
I would give it a 9/10 just as when it gets a bit old it doesn't thicken my lashes as it once did.

Mac say:
Major drama with instant volume and remarkable length and curl that lasts all day. Creamy, velvety formula builds density and conditions, while feeling light and supple. Ultra-sculpted brush has three-sided fibers to embrace, hold and separate each lash, hugging every curve. Coats in one stroke from root to tip with zero smudging. 
MAC zoom fast black lash review


What Sophie says:
This mascara is the blackest most black, black mascara ever!!! I have to say this felt really wet to put on and even though it says zero smudging I found I ended up with it on my eye lid where lashes touched. I didn't find my lashes looked curled after using this, I felt it had straightened my lashes! It made my lashes stick together so looked fuller but not it a great way. Every time I wiped my eyes (using hand under bottom lashes) I would have a black line along my hand. By the end of the day there was next to no mascara on my bottom lashes and lots missing on the top to! I would avoid this mascara for wedding as if you cry you will look like Gene Simmons out of Kiss! For those of you who don't know what he looked like this was his stage make up.
image from google
Not surprisingly this was extremely easy to remove but I did have to use twice the cotton wool I normally use as it just kept spreading. I would give this colour a 10/10 but over all a 4/10 I would possibly use this under a different mascara to try get the blackness but I feel it would need something to lock in the colour.  

Younique say: 
With a new brush and a fresh look, our proprietary, hypoallergenic formula brings life to tired lashes. Its two international patents pending leaves little wonder about why women are talking about which lash enhancer they use.
Younique 3d fiber lash mascara review


What Sophie says:
This mascara claims to increase lash length by up to 400%. So I thought I must be worth a go. And it doesn't disappoint! It's a two part system you apply a gel then the fibers. Now first time I did this I got lots of fibers in my eye it wasn't pleasant and hurt lol. Once I sorted that out and got advice to roll the brush on the back of my hand first so the lashes are tighter on to brush and tried again it went a lot better! You apply the gel then fibers then gel to seal them in. If you want longer lashes you apply in the same way again to the tips. This mascara system really impressed me (once I got the hang of it) it gave super long lashes, my only draw back was how thick it made my lashes. Felt like I was back in high school with spider leg lashes which was a major trend of the early mid 2000's! I am going to get a lash comb on my lashes next time I use it to see if I can separate them a bit more. This is lasted fantasticly and was surprisingly easy to remove. It removes like any other mascara which really surprised me. It takes a bit longer than regular mascara to apply but it's worth the extra time. I give it a 9/10 but if I could get slightly thinner lashes it would be a 10/10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...