Tuesday 4 February 2014

Mac Haul

Hello my lovely's,
I have just recieved my Mac order :) being a make up artist I have a Mac Pro card so when I want to order, I have to phone (as my nearest mac store is over a hour away?!)

I got.......
3 Mac lipsticks Rebel, CB96 and Ravishing
Mac Eye brow pencil in 'Lingering'
Mac Pro setting powder in 'Invisible'
Mac Studio fix fluid in NW15 NW20 NW30 and NC35
And a new Mac '150 brush'

Rebel-ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!

I have had this colour before and looovvveeeed it so I bought this to replace my old one, which was completely empty. I love how it's such a unique shade, a gorgeous deep berry fuchsia. A dark vamped up, berry lipstick. It is a VERY pigmented lipstick, one swipe and your left with a fully opaque colour! It is a satin finish meaning it's matte with a slight sheen so it isn't as drying in the lips. The colour lasts really well, I find even after several hours my lips still have a good amount of colour on them.





CB96

This colour looks nothing like it is in the lipstick bullet when on the lips. Mac aren't the best for swatches on their website but this swatch is way off. The lipstick itself looks like it will be a bright orange with a strong gold shimmer. Depending on your natural lip colour it is more a rosy coral with an orange undertone, finished off with a subtle gold pearl. In one word 'beautiful'. The amazing thing that I love about MACs 'Frost finish' style lipsticks is the depth it adds to your lips, also the metallicness (I know this isn't a word but who cares) creates a 3D type effect to your lips!
The picture doesn't do the colour enough justice.





Ravishing

This a new colour to me, I don't usually go for orangey colours. This is an orange base coral colour but a beautiful almost sheer one at that. It’s bright enough to bring attention to your lips but I think it’s still a very wearable shade for everyday use. Ravishing is a Cremesheen lipstick which means that it’s super creamy and glossy on the lips that lasts well (great) but does need topping up during the day(not so great).






Eye brow pencil in Lingering

Soooo this is my first personal eyebrow product!!! I have some smash box brow powder but only use it on my clients, I have used it on myself a few times but I have never been one to do my eyebrows!!! Don't know why just always thought I already have eyebrows that I regularly tint and wax do I really need to do more to them? So I bit the bullet and ordered this. First impressions? OMG maybe a bit dark for my pale completion and blonde hair. I do tint my brows but not very dark so this is slightly darker than my brows right now. It is super creamy and easy to use but Im not sure on the colour? I think I will give it a week and see how it goes.





Studio fix fluid in NW15, NW20, NW30 and NC35

So as you may guess that's a wide range of colours for one person. That's because they are for my pro kit :) I personally do use NW15 and if I am tanned a mix of NW25 and NW30. For the people who don't know what NW and NC stand for: NW is warm skin tone (pink under tone)
NC is cool skin tone (yellow under tone)
To tell which one you need the easiest way is to look at the veins in your wrists; if they look blue your more of a warm skin tone and if your veins look green your more of a cool skin tone. I am a bit of a mix depending on the weather! If I am cold they look very blue but if I am warm they are a blue/green! If I am going on holiday I know I need to take both a NW20 and a NC30 that I will often mix together.
This foundation is a medium coverage buildable coverage with a matte finish. It contains UVA and UVB. It is a long wearing foundation lasts up to 8 hours and it is oil free!




150 brush

This brush is super soft! I bought this to try as a powder brush. I do love my MAC 134brush but thought I will give this one a try. The description on the website does say it is good for blush and I can see why the full round shape is perfect to apply blush to the apples of the cheeks (However major tip for anyone over 30-40 DONT, i repeat DO NOT put blush on the apple of your cheeks because if you arnt smiling it will make your cheeks look bizareee!). I am really looking forward to trying out this brush :)


Mac Pro setting powder in invisible -This product is AMAZING

I have saved the best for last! This is the best face powder EVER! You can only get it at pro stores or by ordering from the pro phone line.
The description on the USA mac site says
'A collection of jet-milled, loose powders that effectively stabilize and fix makeup. Micronized pigments and talc render color purity and an ultra silky, soft feeling application. The finish is velvety matte and the coverage is sheer-light. The range is unique, encompassing colourless to complexion-enhancing, colour-balancing shades.'
You get 30g in this pot compared to the 9g in the usual loose powders. It looks super white in the pot but don't be fooled it is truly invisible. It goes on the skin like butter.... it's so smooth it just melts in! The best way to apply it is with a large fluffy brush. As I have said before my skin is really oily and this is the only product that has actually made any difference at keeping my makeup in place. All my clients love this! My sister kept using mine so I bought her her own for her birthday and she even says it's the best product in her make up bag!
If you can get your hands on it buy it!
BUT DONT BUY IT FROM EBAY!!!!!! I have seen a lot of fakes of this on ebay all for way over the rrp, and they just dont work, so dont waste your money!









So that is my little expensive mac haul :) thanks for reading :)



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Rebel lipstick. It's one of the few "bold" lipstick colours I feel confident wearing!

    Caitlin x

    www.workinggirlinlondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous isn't it! I don't know anyone it doesn't suit :) thanks for checking out my blog xXx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...